How affiliate marketing can help bloggers make money
Bloggers have realized that there are many ways they can earn money from their blogs. Once the blog starts receiving traffic, there is need to find affiliate programs that will help monetize the blog. One of the ways bloggers can earn money is through affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is where bloggers get paid a commission to promote products and services on your blog.
Pay per click, pay per lead, and pay per sale are the main types of affiliate ads. These are performance based, and you do not get paid a commission until readers perform an action, such as when one of your readers clicks through your unique affiliate link and makes a purchase.
Here is how affiliate marketing works:
- An advertiser has a product to sell. The company agrees to give you a commission from each sale if the buyer is coming from your blog website.
- The company provides a unique link that tracks your personal affiliate code; thus informing the company when a buyer used your link to make a purchase.
- You include your affiliate link on your blog website. You can do this directly in the content with text links or through banner ads. By recommending these products and services within your content, there is a greater chance the reader clicks on your unique link and buys the product you have recommended.
To start, bloggers can sign up with an affiliate directory where they will have access to different ad opportunities.
Before a blogger signs up with an affiliate directory, they need to look at the restrictions the pages have. Most advertisers will have restrictions based on how long the blog has been operating and how much traffic it generates. A blogger should conduct their research on different directories and find out their payment options and their credibility. There are affiliate directories that have been in use and would be a great option for bloggers who are new to affiliate marketing.
In addition to affiliate directories, there are several companies that offer affiliate programs. New bloggers can consider these companies since they offer programs that can easily be set up on blogs. When choosing products, bloggers should ensure they are related to the content. The companies have different payment options although most use PayPal. These companies include the following.
- Amazon: Bloggers have a wide selection of ads to choose from the site. They can also choose specific Amazon products they want to feature on their blogs.
- eBay: Bloggers can go to the eBay site and choose specific products from the auctions.
- AllPosters: The company has over 400,000 products bloggers can choose for their blog.
When selecting affiliate marketing for the blog, one needs to remember that they will have to build their income for a while. Also, too many affiliate ads on a blog will make readers view it as spam. Search engines will think the same, and the blog will be marked as spam and have a low rank that will affect the traffic. The ads linked on the blog should be consistent with the content on the blog to have higher chances of getting reactions from readers.
The key is knowing where to post a link. Even if you’re an average blogger, learn where to post a link and you can make money.
Affiliate marketing earns bloggers a reasonable amount of money. Bloggers should maximize on their blogs making them work and generate income for them. New bloggers can start earning from their blogs and building their reputation since they will use reputable companies. Instead of only giving readers content, use the blog and get an advantage through affiliate marketing.
For more information, contact Raleigh Inbound Marketing at 919-766-2040.